Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Google Chrome

Alright, I figure it's natural that when I start a new blog, the first thing I should do is talk about whatever the latest cool thing is that caught my attention. And today, that's definitely Google Chrome!

If you haven't heard yet, Google has released an open Beta of their own web browser, Google Chrome. I've been playing with it while I can today, and I have to say my first impressions are positive. There are definitely plenty of bugs that will keep me from making it my default browser today, but I'm sure those dedicated Google engineers will be sifting through thousands of bug reports to get us a new build by next Monday. Can't wait to see what they give us next!

For a little "under the hood" perspective, they posted a very cool comic that explains some of the fundamental design concepts and practices they've put into the work. I'll definitely be watching to see where this one goes, and to see what other people take from this, if anything. (Oh yeah, didn't I mention? It's open source!)

No comments: